Teeth Cleaning & Prevention
Dentistry is founded on the principle of prevention. All patients are recommended either an annual or biannual examination and at least a biannual cleaning. Not only do they help you squash dental problems before they arise, they leave your gums healthier, and your teeth cleaner and whiter. A professional cleaning removes hardened buildup that cannot be removed by brushing and flossing alone. It can also involve a polish and fluoride treatment to help protect your teeth from cavities. Even if you haven’t had a cleaning years, it’s never too late to treat your teeth.
What are some preventative measures I can take?
- Use a soft-bristled electric toothbrush for at least 2 minutes twice a day
- Brush with a fluoride toothpaste
- Floss daily before bedtime
- Swish with water after eating and drinking
- Avoid sugary foods, coffee, and tobacco
- Get fluoride treatments in office after your cleanings
- If recommended by our dentist, have sealants placed to protect the grooves in your teeth from cavities