What is the Bioclear System?
At Rachel Barnhart DDS, we offer the Bioclear System to easily and seamlessly treat multiple smile deformities. Bioclear was created as a modern solution to restorative dentistry and offers the latest and most progressive products for dental composites.
Less invasive than traditional restoration procedures, Bioclear creates a thin, durable shell around the teeth and produces a natural-looking color and tooth shape for a seamless restoration that blends with the color and shapes of your surrounding teeth.
What Can Bioclear Treat?
Bioclear can be used to treat a long list of aesthetic smile issues including:
- Tooth chips
- Tooth cracks
- Tooth stains
- Tooth discoloration
- Teeth that are uneven or small-sized
- Teeth that have been damaged due to decay
- Tooth gaps
- Dark triangles between the teeth
Bioclear can also be a great alternative to getting a traditional crown, with less wait time and no need for a temporary crown.
During your consultation, Dr. Barnhart will do a thorough examination and help you determine if the Bioclear system is the best treatment solution to improve your confidence in your smile.
How Does Bioclear Work?
This fast and effective system works in just a few steps right in our office:
- The affected tooth is carefully cleaned to remove biofilm without damaging the tooth surface.
- Dr. Barnhart will choose your composite from multiple different shapes. This will be the mold for the new tooth surface.
- The new composite will slip beneath the gum line and a warmed composite resin will be injected into the form.
- The resin will be hardened with ultraviolet light
- Lastly, Dr. Barnhart will shape and polish the tooth to blend in seamlessly with your smile
What are the Advantages of Bioclear?
The Bioclear matrix system has multiple benefits over traditional restoration dentistry, including:
- Restorations that are made using the Bioclear system have been shown to be stronger than traditional methods by using advanced injection molding
- The Bioclear process does not require cutting into tissue, making it a less invasive procedure
- Bioclear eliminates the need to completely prep the affected tooth, making restorations easier on the teeth and more aesthetically pleasing
- A great alternative to traditional veneers and crowns
How Long Does Bioclear Last?
With regular and proper dental care, Bioclear has been shown to last for up to 10 years, but Dr. Barnhart will let you know what to expect during your appointment.
If you’ve got chips, cracks, or other smile deformities that you’d like to get fixed, call us today or schedule an appointment online with Dr. Barnhart to see if the Bioclear matrix system is right for you.