A crown, otherwise known as a cap, is custom-fitted to your bite and is placed over your natural tooth or dental implant.
- First we remove all the decay and place a buildup filling in the tooth needing the crown to provide a good foundation.
- Then we will reduce this tooth for a proper crown fit.
- An impression will then be taken of your bite for crown fabrication.
- We will fit you with a temporary crown until the lab makes your permanent one.
- The color of porcelain prosthetics can be customized unless a gold crown is made.
- You will then return once the crown is ready and we will permanently cement it on.